Monday, November 24, 2008

Weekend Recap

-Every Sunday when I sit down to watch football, I kick myself for not spending the money to have the Sunday NFL Ticket. 98% of my brain knows that it's probably easier to just have regular cable; that it's cheaper to just have the one bill that has cable, phone and Internet on it. But the remaining 2% of my brain always comes back with a great counter-argument like 'Well, yeah, but I want to watch more football...' (this small part of my brain also is in control whenever I go anywhere near a pro shop).
The 2%'s argument was strengthened after the Patriots' game on Sunday when I went searching for something to watch besides the Giants and Cardinals snoozefest on Fox and my options were the following:

CBS: Rodeo
NBC: LPGA tournament, not featuring Anika Sorenstam.
ABC: MLS Cup; Crew versus Red Bull (feel the excitement!!)
Starz, Showtimes, Encores: crappy movies you've already seen 10 times
ESPN: Poker
ESPN2: Bowling
ESPN Classic: Old Poker

If that lineup isn't the perfect DirectTV ad, I don't know what is.

-Personally, I respect Matt Light for yesterday's fight. If a man has hair that long, he should fully expect to get pulled by it. I don't see why that is just a girl's right.

-And one more football related note, in the form of an open letter:
Dear Wes Welker,
You have roughly 47 catches a game. Would it fucking kill you to have one of them be for a touchdown? My Fantasy Football playoff hopes are hanging by a thread here.

-Nice to see the Catholic Church is finally ready to move on from that whole "The Beatles are bigger than Jesus" comment that John Lennon made 42 years ago. Good thing they didn't rush to judgement on that. I mean, it's not like the guy died in the meantime. Oh, wait...

-This was really funny. Add to that the fact that JT did the "Dick in a Box" video and he's dating Jessica Biel, I have to admit a begrudging respect for the guy.