Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day
To All The Moms
Out There

Especially Shiv, Amy and
The Best Of Them All,
My Mom

Love You!

You know, in previous Mother's Day postings I have lamented the fact that it is becoming increasingly difficult to find a good Mother's Day card. Every one I looked at was based around a premise of, "I know we had our differences." Since that doesn't apply to me and my mom, I would quickly put it back on the rack. However, for as flawed as those cards may have been at least they were original. The other day I was looking for a card for my mom when I spotted a familiar-looking graphic. Picking the card up I remembered when I had seen this card before - February. It was a card I had received for my birthday. At first I thought it had simply been moved by someone shopping for two separate occasions and simply placed back in the wrong spot. But then I opened up to discover it was actually a Mother's Day card and all they had done is replace the word "Birth" with the word "Mother's". I was stunned by how lazy this felt. I understand coming up with new cards every single day can be difficult and the cost of printing must be rising every day, so anything which can be done to speed the process up is appreciated, but this lack of effort was disheartening. I mean, what would the editor's mom say?

Sadly, the quality of songs about moms hasn't improved much in the last year either. Tons of songs about moms and daughters, not so much about moms and sons. Instead, we're going to play a song from one of my mom's favorite artists. Enjoy.

No comments: