Thursday, September 19, 2013

Yeah, About That...

Remember yesterday? I certainly do. In fact, you could say I remember it like it was yesterday. Anyway, yesterday I posted a video for you all to watch and said that you should really pay attention to it because it was not just one of those days where I post anything to keep my streak alive. Turns out today is one of those days. Sadly, I really don't have anything to write about today so instead we're going to post this video which was made in response to Ben Affleck being named as the new Batman, pondering how one of his most famous roles would have been different if he had played it as the Caped Crusader. I have to say, while the joke gets a little repetitious towards the end the premise itself is very well done. Also, I would like to compliment the internet on getting these videos out faster and faster. Trust me, the only thing worse than an old joke is a fresh one which comes out about 3 weeks too late. The speed at which pop culture moves these days dictates that something which happens today won't be funny by next week, so speed is of the essence. Now, I know this video was posted as a promotional piece for comedian Pete Holmes' new TBS show, meaning the budget was a little higher than your average clip on FunnyOrDie and there were more people to work on it, but the whole thing still had to come together in about 3 days and I think it is a nice representation of how much better comedy skits have gotten in the last few years. Seriously, comedians may be the people making the best use of all the technology available to them today. All that being said:

Dear interesting things in the universe, please happen so I have something to write about...

No comments: