Sunday, February 20, 2011

Hail To The Chiefs

So, tomorrow is President's Day, where I believe you are supposed to take a day off to shop for cars and mattresses. Anyway, I was going to use a song by the band The Presidents of the United States of America but in looking up their old videos I was struck by just how God-awful they were. I had remembered them more fondly. In retrospect it is amazing they ever had success. Honestly, listen to the songs "Peaches" now and it sounds like something that would appear on a children's show. And they were Grammy nominees. Clearly we, as a nation, had horrible taste in 1996.

Instead, we're going with a song about the line of actual Presidents of the United States of America. Obviously I picked it because when you think of this blog, education is what comes to mind. Now, it ends at Clinton, so you can tell it is a few years old, but if you would like I'm sure you could come up with your own lyrics for Bush II and Obama.

No comments: