Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Retiring Interlude

On Friday, musician Phil Collins announced his retirement from music. And unlike most celebrity 'retirements' I actually take this one seriously. Apparently he's had some hearing issues for the last couple of years and I would imagine that makes music rather difficult. Now, say what you want about Phil personally (like how he divorced one wife via fax), but he was a very good musician. Phil Collins is another one of those musical acts everyone under the age of 50 pretends they can't stand... until someone start listing all his hits and people start losing their shit. "Oh my God, you guys, I love "One More Night". (...And "Take A Look at Me Now" and "Take Me Home" and "Another Day In Paradise" and "Land of Confusion" and of course, the song I used for this week.) So, here's to you Phil Collins, enjoy retirement.


No comments: