Sunday, January 1, 2012

Song For 2012...

I'm sure you guys are familiar with this concept by now: after the clock strikes midnight (or whenever you eventually remember to get around to it), you take a spin around the radio dial and the best song of the bunch is the your song for the year. In the interest of full disclosure, this year there might have been a couple times around. Hey, I can't help it that after midnight the pop stations only play music suitable for a rave. I don't even know where you would find a copy of the some of these remixes. And I certainly wasn't about to use a Katy Perry song for my 2012 anthem, because it is not like she is off to a great start this year.

Even more disturbing than the lack of good music on the radio was how far my "Name That Tune" skills have slipped. Like a lot of people, the radio in my car will display the song and artist that is currently playing. The stereo in my house? Not so much. As a result I found myself blanking on numerous songs until they got to the chorus. I used to be good at that game, but I think technology has spoiled me. Honestly, this song was picked not only because I happen to really like it, but because it is one of the few I recognized instantly.

No comments: