Friday, November 5, 2010

Why Do People Like This Game?

So, I've been fighting a cold for the last couple of days and, unfortunately, the cold has mostly been winning. I've reached that stage where you've been coughing so much it actually hurts when you do, which is always fun. Anyway, because I'm ever-so-pleasant to be around when I am sick I've taken to quarantining myself away from the general population. Since there are only so many Super Bowls to be won on Madden and Majors to pile up in Tiger Woods Golf, I find myself surfing the Internet for other way to amuse myself. One of the fun things to do is check out all the events that happened on this date in history. Apparently today is the 75th birthday of the board game, Monopoly. Personally, I was never a big Monopoly fan, preferring the strategic nature of games like Battleship. (Also, no one fought over who got to be the racecar in Battleship.) Anyway, the birthday of Monopoly got me to thinking and I remembered this act about boardgames. Enjoy.

No comments: