Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Masterful Interlude

So, I have kind of a love/hate thing going with Augusta National, site of the Masters, which wraps up today. You see, every year the club ranks as the best golf course in the world. It is the promise land to anyone who picks up a golf club. What makes it different from the rest of the Top-10 ranked courses in the world is that it is the only completely private club on the list. All the others I could play if I had the money and felt like taking a trip. No such luck with Augusta; I am never going to play there, which is kind of an annoying reality. I'm never going to play Pebble Beach, either, but that's because I simply can't justify $500 for a round of golf, not because they won't let me. So you see, in my head it's my choice. Big difference.

Still, I do love the Masters tournament and since this song gets played at the end of the telecast, it seems to fit the weekly musical interlude. Darius Rucker did a great version of this song a couple years back just for the telecast but, as always, I go for the original when available.

No comments: