Friday, September 9, 2011

Cards And Popes

I got a new magazine in the mail the other afternoon. Now, if you are anything like me when you get a new magazine the first thing you do is flip through and take out all the inserts. All the little cardboard renewal cards have got to go. Personally, I never understood their purpose to begin with. I'm already reading your magazine. I have a subscription and it's not set to expire for another 8 months, which you know. There is no need to weigh my mail carrier down with three extra pounds of little squares which fall out as I flip through anyway. Also, I don't know what it is about the material they pick to print these cards on, but I seem to get a papercut from them every month. I can go years handling other forms without getting a papercut, but it is like they have sharpened the edges of these cards to a fine point. This month there were five of these tiny cards in my issue. Seems excessive. I keep hearing that magazines are starting to go the way of newspapers. Well, maybe if you didn't spend all your money on printing subscription renewal cards you wouldn't be going bankrupt.

-So, today is my mom's birthday. As such, we're going out to a local Italian restaurant to celebrate, Buco di Beppo. You know what's really fun to say? Buco di Beppo. Go ahead, try it - I'll wait. In addition, they are going to be sitting us in the Pope room. I don't quite know what that means, but I'm excited to find out. However, because I've been walking around all day saying Buco di Beppo and thinking about the Pope, this clip has wedged itself into my brain. Yeah, it's been that kind of Friday.

No comments: