Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Mixed Interlude

So, today was kind of a tough day to pick a musical interlude. I felt like I had to acknowledge the 10th anniversary of 9/11, but at the same time I didn't think a collage of patriotic images set to "Proud to be an American" was really my style. Besides, this isn't exactly a heavy political statement kind of blog. Then, I was going to change topics and pick something about the start of the NFL season, but felt it would almost be disrespectful to completely ignore what this day means to some people. Thus, we're splitting the difference and going with a cross between the two. With that in mind, I present to you the U2 halftime performance from Super Bowl 36, which featured a tribute to those that died. When in doubt, look to Bono for the answers.

No comments: