Sunday, September 18, 2011

Skipping Some Steps

I make no secret of the fact that fall is my favorite season. It isn't just because football is back and it isn't because I'm big on the foliage. It has to do with the clothes. See, I love jeans and a sweatshirt. I feel it is my best look, which is why I haven't changed it much in the past, oh... ever. (I do own a couple sweaters, but sweatshirts are always my first love.) The thing is, I like to transition into it as the weather changes: first it's t-shirt and shorts, then sweatshirts and shorts, finally to jeans and sweatshirts. Well, apparently this year we're just skipping a few steps. The end of last week it was 80 degrees and then one morning I woke up to find it in the 60s. There is no gradual progression downward. Hopefully we don't just skip over the 50s as well.

Anyway, with that in mind we're going with an Adam Sandler song as a way to welcome in sweatshirt weather. This was from Adam's 1996 comedy special on HBO when he decided to perform all his comedy songs in concert. Therefore, this clip also works as a reminder that sometimes stars need to keep people in their lives to remind them to stay in their lane. Maybe if he wasn't so busy writing songs Adam could have made a good movie in the last decade.

No comments: