Wednesday, April 7, 2010

At Least He's Working...

It's always frustrating to know a face, but not where you know it from. As I have been lying around letting the poison ivy medication do it's thing (I'll tell you the whole story when the story has reached it's end), I have been watching a lot of TV and I keep seeing this one Staples ad where a customer keeps getting annoyed because another customer keeps yelling about low prices over and over again. I knew I knew the annoyed actor from somewhere, but I could not remember from where. I could even picture him sitting at a computer in some movie. Now, this happens a lot, but since I've got the time on my hands this week I was determined to find out where I knew this guy from. I don't want to tell you how long it took me to find out his name, but I did finally track it down (Joey Slotnick) and IMDB page.

I'm not sure how I feel for Mr. Slotnick, because this guy had some appearances in a couple big movies through the years and keeps popping up on TV shows, so you would have to figure he keeps getting checks. But, there has always been a stigma about actors doing commercials so you know he would rather be doing anything else. After all, there has to be a reason that big-name actors like Brad Pitt and George Clooney will only agree to do TV ads if they will only be seen overseas. But, Slotnick seems to have been working pretty steadily thorough the years, so maybe they just offered him so much money he felt he couldn't turn them down or maybe he has family who could use a large discount on office supplies. Either way, at least I can stop trying to remember where I knew him from.

-The Masters kicks off tomorrow, so here is my official preview: I don't expect Tiger to win, but I do expect him to be in contention. I think Woods will have a rough go the first 4 holes, before snapping his head back into the game and finishing in the top 25. My pick for the win is Padraig Harrington. Harrington is playing well, but also staying far enough under the radar that he comes in with no pressure and could sneak to the 54 hole lead. Plus, he's never won this tournament and if he wins it would be his 4th Major, putting him second only to Tiger for Major wins by an active player. He mentioned the other day he was well aware of that stat, so I bet he's very motivated to distance himself from everyone else. Then again, I'm completely guessing.

No comments: