Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I Guess I Can Use Them As Coasters

Today I was in my local Marshall's because... well, I was driving passed it (like you really need a reason to stop into Marshall's). Seriously, it's my favorite store because you have absolutely no idea what you are going to find in there on any given day. The flipside is that you need to buy whatever it is that day, because there is almost no chance it will still be there when you go back. Anyway, I was especially lucky today because inside I found a treasure trove of Celtic-related DVDs. First there was the 2008 Championship video, which I needed another copy of because I stupidly lent my last copy to a guy I used to work with, who was promptly never heard from again. Then there was a special 2-disc edition of Larry Bird: Legend, which I had on VHS, but not on DVD. Lastly was a 7-disc retrospective of the 1986 Celtics team, featuring every game of that year's NBA Finals as well as a special season wrap-up DVD. But, here's the best part - each DVD was only $4.99. It was a deal and a half, as I like to say.

The only question is what I'm going to do with two of the DVDs from the NBA Finals recap, specifically games 3 and 5, because I can't see any reason to ever watch them. Why would I want to watch a game that I know the Celtics are going to lose? It makes no sense. Frankly, they didn't need to include them and I doubt anyone would have complained about it if they did omit them. The Red Sox did the same thing following the 2004 World Series, when they sold a DVD set of every game from the ALCS through the Championship. Do you think any Red Sox fan has ever watch the first three games of the ALCS, or really has a desire to? Why would you ever feel the need to watch the Red Sox get blown out, like the did in Game 3? I guess if you knew people who were Yankee fans they could have the first 3 DVDs, but it's just odd that they were there to begin with. And, since I don't know any Rockets fans, that option is out anyway. Anyway, I'm thinking I could use them as coasters, because even though it would wreck the DVD, at approximately 70 cents each, that still is less than a pack of actual coasters would cost.

-I have to admit, I had started to get into soccer a little bit lately. With the World Cup coming up and having played a lot of FIFA on Playstation, I was actually interested in the outcome of the Bayern Munich and Lyon match yesterday. Then I saw this and remembered, "Oh yeah, that was why I'm ok with not watching soccer." Bunch of flopping ninnies.

1 comment:

Kim said...

That's why watching soccer (we call it football around my household) is FUN! Last night we were watching Barcelona/Inter Milan and when the guy fell with his hands over his face the camera was right on him when he lifted his hands to see if the official was looking at him. Brilliant! It's only infuriating when the officials let them get away with it.