Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Another Musical Interlude

They always say you should never meet your heroes, because they are going to disappoint you. In this regard, it was probably better back when the only thing you knew about actors and musicians was what you heard them sing on the radio or saw in the theatres. In today's TMZ world, celebrities can't be shielded by publicists at all times and so if you are a jerk, the public is going to learn about it sooner rather than later.

Anyway, I bring this up because right now I'm going through an Oasis kick musically. And, because I have seen so many interviews with the band, I wrestle with the fact that Oasis is one of my favorite musical groups. One the one hand I thoroughly enjoy their music, but on the other I really want to punch the Gallagher brothers in the face. Whether it's the way they disrespected their fans by showing up to shows drunk or not at all, or how they insulted our collective intelligence when they tried to tell us they were never influenced by The Beatles (everyone is influenced by The Beatles), they just seem like brilliant musicians who are also really horrible people to be around.

Still, I love this song.

No comments: