Saturday, September 25, 2010

Twitter Catch-Up

*Catching up on some random thoughts that I couldn't get to without Internet access.

-I was in line at the McDonald's drive-thru and because the speakers there are cranked up to 11, I could hear everyone order before me. The main thing that struck me was the way that the poor girl working the window had to begin every order with, "Welcome to McDonald's. Would you like to try a Iced Mocha McCafe?" None of the six cars ahead of me wanted one and neither did I. So, here's my question: how many times out of a hundred do you think people say no? It's got to be like 98 or 99. I half wanted to say yes, just to throw the girl off, because I bet it happens to rarely she has no idea what to do when someone accepts.

-Last week I was just hanging out when I remembered that I needed to make a quick trip to Wal-Mart. However, at that moment I was wearing my normal lounging clothes of a tee-shirt and basketball shorts. I was about to change back into my jeans when I realised a key thing: I was going to Wal-Mart. My shirt had sleeves, which probably meant I would be the best-dressed guy in the store.

-It is becoming increasingly apparent that how much I enjoy a beverage is directly related to the quality of the container I am drinking out of at that moment. Also, my definition of what should allow a mug to be qualified as 'jumbo' is apparently quite different from most mug makers.

-The other day I went to a golf course and asked about playing a quick nine holes. The guy behind the counter asked me if I had a tee time. At this point I looked at the eight cars in the parking lot and thought about the fact that I couldn't see a single group on any of the first four holes that were visible from where I drove in. Honestly, did it matter that I didn't have a tee time?

No comments: