Saturday, January 1, 2011

My Song For 2011

A couple years back I wrote about the concept of a personal song for the year. The basic premise was that the first song you heard on the radio after midnight was going to be the song that defined your upcoming year. Soon after, I had to amend this to be the best song from one spin around the dial, because most songs on the radio these days are terrible and I would be damned if some techo-remix of a Miley Cyrus song was going to be my personal anthem for the next twelve months.

However, last night was a rare occurrence: I turned on the radio when I got into my car around 1 AM and the actual first song I heard on the radio was my choice. I was shocked when it happened. After the song was over I still gave the effort of going once through the dial, just to cover my bases, but deep down I knew it was for show. The first song I heard is my anthem for 2011. I know Liz will agree with my good luck.

1 comment:

Liz said...

BOOM.

This is your year. Best anthem by far. Nice work!