Friday, March 22, 2013

The Window Remains Closed

Yeah, I know. I've seriously slacked off the last couple of days. I would like to point out that it has not entirely been my fault - there hasn't been a lot of news to discuss lately. I mean, I could discuss the election of the new Pope, but trying to definitely tell you how a man I have never met is going to do leading a religion consisting of millions of people across hundreds of countries when there is a very good chance he won't have nearly that much power is not something I'm comfortable doing. It is exactly what made me a terrible sportswriter - I don't know what's going to happen and I won't pretend I do. Also I haven't seen enough movies for a new round of movie reviews and even though I want to talk about awful the very idea that celebrity diving was not only put on television but pulled in pretty good ratings infuriates me, I'd rather not give that freak show any more publicity. That leaves me with talking about politics and that can be summed up in five words - they all kind of suck. Considering I like to get closer to 1,000 words on a post that is not exactly the meaty topic I would have liked.

Lastly, the weather hasn't been on my side. It's hard to go out into the world and make observations when we're getting snow every day. Also, my car broke down... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood... Locusts! IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD! Sorry, where was I? In the end, this is on me. Hopefully the weather will cooperate a little more this weekend and I will be able to go out and have all sorts of adventures to regal you with on Monday. In the mean time, it's another hungover teacher video.

No comments: