Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Breaking Through Twitter

Really, that 140 character limit just kills me sometimes...

-So, Tiger Woods is holding a press conference Friday at 11 AM to announce... something. It's a pretty smart ploy: limited media access (therefore controlling some questions), comfortable environment and taking place in the middle of a day in which there are two golf tournaments and the Olympics going on. It will still be a huge story, but it should be a little less of a frenzy this way. Also, it will be nice to end speculation either way once we know he when he play again, because really thats all anyone cares about anymore. Once he is back just playing golf then the rest of it will fade away. Really, Donte Stallworth killed a guy and still signed a new contract today. We live in a very forgiving society.

-So, it's the first day of Lent and I still haven't decided what I'm giving up yet. I kind of feel like being bold and giving up chocolate. Then again, I'm not sure I would actually make it all the way through. Tell you what I will not be trying to give up and that is Diet Pepsi. I wouldn't make it to Friday.

-Watching the Westminster Dog Show last night reminded me of how weird those people are. Dogs are not meant to be fluffed up and paraded around. Dogs are meant to be played with, which leads to them finding ways to get dirty in a perfectly clean house and then they take up more of the bed than they need. I think these dog show people are the same kids you grew up with who bought toys and kept them in the package because they were worth more that way. Sure, eventually, but where is the fun in eventually?

-I can't believe my niece Abigail is turning 3 today. It seems like just yesterday we were staring through the glass in the nursery at her, marvelling at how big she was and annoying the crap out of my sister by commenting on how much hair she had. Ah, memories.

1 comment:

http://www.ehow.com/members/stevemar2-articles.html said...

Donte’ Stallworth is a loser who should still be locked up! If an average person pled guilty to DUI vehicular manslaughter, he or she would certainly be sentenced to more than thirty days in jail. I hope he is a failure in his return to the NFL. The fact that he will be making $900,000 with an additional $300,000 in incentives is a shame. Most of that money should go to the family of the guy he killed.