Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Donut Run

For the most part, I've got no regrets about college. Given where newspapers and radio are heading, I should have gone with a different concentration, but other than that I wouldn't do much different. However, I've always wondered what it would have been like to go to a school down south.

First off, you've got a major bonus in weather and as a result, you get better women. It seems like all the hot women in the world congregate in the South, Texas or southern California. Now, that's not to say that there aren't hot women above the Mason/Dixon line, but it's just harder to tell when they have to wear five layers just to go to the library from October to April. Schools in the south have the advantage of allowing women to dress in less for most of the year. You just won't see this lineup in South Bend in November, is my point.

The other thing is all the wacky traditions the southerns have. This year I learned about the Krispy Kreme Challenge. At North Carolina State, they have an annual tradition of running to the local Krispy Kreme, eating a dozen donuts and then running back to campus, with all profits going to charity. 2,000 people participated this year.

I'm torn about this tradition. You see, it combines one of my favorite things (donuts), with one of my least favorite things (running). I think what you need to do is tweak this event and make it a relay thing. One person can do all the running and another can do all the eating. Then you can sign me up.

-So, Brett Favre is retiring. Again. Dude, if you want to go it's your prerogative - just mean it this time.

No comments: