Saturday, February 14, 2009

Man's View Of Valentine's Day

On the surface, I have no moral problem with Valentine's Day. Afterall, it's a day to show the love to the people in your life. Great concept. It's such a great concept, in fact, that you should be doing it more than once a year. Why the need to go out all on the one specific day is created by the greeting card company. (If I could speak to the ladies for a second: any blockhead can make you feel special once a year when he feels shamed into it by the rest of the world. It's the guys that can do it on a random Tuesday in September that you should keep an eye out for.)

I just resent the fact that prices of flowers have been jacked up to the Nth degree this week. Really, why do I have to pay $70 for roses on Saturday just to guarantee that I get some action, when a foot massage and letting you have the remote to watch The Real Housewives of Orange County got me the same result on Tuesday?

-Now, in honor of Valentine's Day, here's the story of a woman who told the world she was divorcing her soccer-playing husband by changing her Facebook status. I'm sure he would have like to have known it was coming. But, he had the last laugh because he cancelled her cell service. That'll show her.

No comments: