Sunday, February 15, 2009

Pitchers and Catchers

The last week it has been getting progressively warmer around here. We've had temperatures climb to near 60 one day last week and the rest of the time it has been in the mid to high 40's, which is balmy for Massachusetts in February. It's melted most of the snow, to the point only the spots that had the major piles are still showing signs of winter. All of this has given me a severe case of Spring Fever.

I can't wait until all the snow is gone and I can go out and play the first round of the season. My brother got me the 2008 New England Golf Guide for my birthday and I've been flipping through it looking for courses to try this spring and summer. My clubs are already in my car, I just need a reason to use them. I can't believe most courses don't open for another month and a half.

Adding to my case is the fact that pitchers and catchers reported yesterday and thus, it's just another sign of how close we are to spring. Now, I make no secret of the fact that the Sox come in third behind the Celtics and Patriots on my personal depth chart. But, that doesn't change the fact that this scene warms my heart.

image courtesy of Boston.com

Count me among those who are happy the Sox decided to bring back 'Tek (who is looking jacked, by the way) and also those that aren't afraid of the big free-spending Yankees. They signed a lot of people, but it was more replacing than adding. Also, we'll see if Tampa Bay backslides or if they're for real now. They won't be sneaking up on anyone this season.

No comments: