Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wanted...

It's not often anymore that a movie will make me stand up and say "wow." But, that was exactly what happened after I finished watching the action movie Wanted last night. I stood up and said, "Wow... that was awful."

This unbelievable piece of crap features one of my all-time favorite actors, Morgan Freeman. If I were him I would attempt to get this cleared from my IMDB page. They clearly lied to him about what this movie was going to be. I can only imagine that he was very excited to hear that he would be working with Angelina Jolie, showed up on set and was immediately hit with a feeling of dread. Assassins that get their targets from a magic loom? Did you not read the script, Morgan?

This movie relies too heavy on special effects and slow motion action. Yes, the bullets collided in mid-air; very impressive work with a computer. Oh, we get to see it again? And a third time? A fifteenth, even? You didn't need people of such high acting regard to play these roles - you honestly could have just used stunt doubles.

Also, I didn't like this movie for the way it tried to out do itself plot-wise. You're my friend... no, my enemy... no, my friend. All in all it was too many twists that just didn't make sense with the rest of the movie. Shoot 'em Up did the same thing, but at least that movie was so ridiculous it was almost campy. This movie felt like it was taking itself way too seriously. Also, it takes the time to insult the viewer at the end by insinuating that if you have a normal job and don't kill people for a living, you're a pansy. Thanks, I enjoy my entertainment more if it thinks it's better than me.

I was pretty bummed out by this movie, cause I wanted to like it. It was so awful, though, that I won't even recommend it as a rental.

-Now, I'm no lawyer, so I'm not sure if being invited back to campus is enough to cancel out a restraining order for you to stay away from campus. But, I do know that even if you think you are in the right, writing "Fuck You" where it says "name" isn't the best course of action. It's too bad really, missed one hell of an upset.

No comments: