Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Day's Worth Of Ramblings...

-Does Gloria Allred have any other kinds of clients or does she just sit around all day, hoping for high-profile men to cheat on their wives with at least 4 different women, just so that she can come out and represent mistress #4? What do these women need a lawyer for anyway? Speaking of, Tiger Woods owes Jesse James a beer or something. He has been temporarily knocked out of the ranks as highest-profile serial-cheater.

-There has been a new development in the Ben Roethlisberger story, which is the height of amusing. Apparently the police were watching the tape from the bar that night when they were called away to investigate a murder. Of course, that took priority. So, they came back a while later only to discover that the station's DVR had recorded over the tape. They sent it to the crime lab, who could not recover the orginal images. (Apparently, everything you have ever seen on CSI is complete bullshit.) First off, I only thought that kind of thing happened on TV Cop dramas. Secondly, I need to know what the DVR was set to record. Was it Cops? World's Deadliest Police Chases? I need all the details!

-Apparently Verizon Fios and I have very different definitions of the word 'easy.' I found there is a new widget that will give you a Sudoku puzzle you can do on your TV, but they turn out to be a lot harder that the ones I have found on the web. Also, when you finally get one done correctly, all you get is a very un-satisfying "Congratulations" that appears on the side of the screen. This is why video games are so much better on systems that are designed for nothing else. On the new systems when you beat a level of a video game you are treated to a mini-movie as a way of celebration.

-While I'm picking on my cable provider, I'm not sure if someone at Verizon is the one doing the programming for this channel, but I want to complain about one of the Urge music channels that is in the high 1000s, the Arena Rock Channel. Now I understand there is a need to diversify and thus, this channel can't just be a loop of "We Are The Champions" and "Rock and Roll, Part 2." But, you could at least play music that you occasionally hear at sporting events. I have turned this channel on repeatedly over the last couple of days and literally every time I have, the Foo Fighters or System of a Down have been the songs that have been playing. Once it was several songs by those artists in a row. While I don't have a problem with either band, I have to say that I have been to literally hundreds of sporting events in my lifetime and I have never heard anything played by either group in a stadium. They belong on an alternative music channel, of which I am sure there are 10-12.

No comments: