Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Weird Al Movie

They're making a big fuss about the new movie, The Runaways, about Joan Jett and her musical group of the same name that is coming out soon. Forgive me if I'm simply forgetting, but were The Runaways ever that big of a deal? They had a short run and a couple of hits, but is that enough to deserve an entire movie based on the band? We went from The Doors, Johnny Cash and Ray Charles to The Runaways? Just feels like we skipped a few steps along the way. The sad part is there are good movies to be made about much more important acts, but for some reason no one wants to attempt them. Who wouldn't like to see a Jimi Hendrix movie? Or, if you could afford the musical release fees, what about a movie based on the careers of the Beatles? Now that would be a movie I would be interested in. The good news is that people are starting to notice the trend of taking people's stories and making them much more dramatic than they need to be.

The sad part is, that fake movie is probably already in pre-production.

-Since I don't really have a horse in the race, it doesn't make much difference to me whether or not Donovan McNabb stays with the Eagles or not. But, if I were the Eagles I would listen to offers for him and if I were the Rams, I would be very interested in acquiring him. Either way I think he's gone after this season in Philadelphia, so why not get something for him before he gets released? If you are the Rams he allows you to either avoid taking a quarterback for another year or take a guy in a later round that you can sit for a couple years (Tebow?). I'm not sold on either of the quarterbacks at the top of this year's draft and would much rather go with the proven commodity, even if it's only for a year.

1 comment:

Liz said...

That looks hilarious, based on the dramatic, yet over the top acting. Great vogue by Olivia Wilde, too.