Friday, October 29, 2010

Let Me Save You Some Time

I have found that since the next generation arrived, I have really started to get back into Halloween. Personally, I had no use for the day between the ages of 15 and 26 and mostly found myself hoping we didn't get too many Trick-or-Treaters so that I would be left with more leftover Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. But now I really look forward to seeing my nieces and nephew in their costumes. I'm beginning to think that Halloween, like parades and the town of Wareham, is best left to the really young, their parents and their grandparents. However, despite my personal resurgence about the holiday, I don't love everything about it. For example, one of my least favorite things about Halloween week is that it is nearly impossible to find a non-horror movie on TV. Gone are all the random action movies I so enjoy on TNT and in their place is a line of fairly terrible horror movies, all of which have been made in the last six years because those are the only ones basic cable could afford the rights to show. The good news for this year is that I found this video online and it seems to be appropriate for this time of year. Now you won't have to get sucked in to watching a movie that you stumble upon halfway through.

No comments: