Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Mixed Bag Of Random

-Even though they lost, I walked away fairly impressed by the Heat following yesterday's game against the Boston Celtics. I thought they played exactly like what they are: a very good team who's stars had played a total of three minutes together before last night's game. It almost looked as though they were trying too hard to defer to each other. There was a reason they went on the big run once Wade was out of the game and James could go back to shooting first. Once they figure out how to play together and the urge to pass first fades they are going to get a lot better. Still, I don't think they will win 70 games and I continue to doubt that they have the size to win an NBA title as currently constructed. That being said, I don't think you'll see them held to 9 points in a quarter ever again.

-So, following last week's episode of South Park someone noticed that the episode featured a lot of dialog similar to a skit on CollegeHumor.com. According to the creators of the show they wanted to do an Inception parody, couldn't find a good copy online and thought the CollegeHumor skit was quoting the movie, when it was actually original comedic material. The CollegeHumor kids didn't see the big deal and let it go. Of course, now critics are wondering how much material other South Park episodes have 'borrowed' from the Internet. You fools. Don't you know what you are doing? This is just going to lead to an episode of South Park mocking all the people who criticise shows on the web. You've completely fallen for their plan. Honestly, at this point I think the Matt Stone and Trey Parker create controversy just so they can see who overreacts to it and inadvertently gives them a new source of material.

-I saw a commercial the other night for a new Wii edition of the first-person shooter game, GoldenEye. I fully believe that from 1998-2000 GoldenEye was responsible for more kids skipping class than any thing in the world. The fact that they are unleashing it back upon an unsuspecting new crop of incoming freshman who are a decade removed from this amazing game is downright cruel. GPAs across the country are about to plummet. At least because it is on the Wii people will get some exercise.

-So, about a year ago my mom and sisters went and saw a psychic. Now, like psychics do, this woman got just enough things right over the course of the year that my mother wants to go back and get another reading. (Apparently, we're ignoring the things she was dead-wrong about.) I don't have a problem with that, I just want it on record for the next time a sporting event I am watching starts to go the wrong direction and I try switching TVs and ultimately rooms trying to get the momentum shifted and my mom scoffs at my believe that where I am sitting effects the Celtics. All I'm saying is that we each have our own little irrational beliefs.

No comments: