Saturday, May 8, 2010

Accelerator Songs

Picture it: you're driving down the open road with minimal traffic on the highway. It's a beautiful day - the sun is shining and you've got the windows down, maybe the top down as well if you're in a convertible. You're cruising along near the speed limit. A great song comes on the radio. The volume goes up and you're into the song, bobbing your head. Suddenly you look down and you're going 90. Whoops. Well, I like to call those accelerator songs and here are my personal top five.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


-This morning I randomly woke up to adjust my pillows at about 5:30. In the ensuing couple of minutes it took me to fall back totally asleep, a huge bolt of lighting and vicious thunder a millisecond later shook my house. Honestly, I would have thought the lighting hit one of the trees right outside my window. (It was not, it should be noted, enough to make me get out of bed. Once my feet hit the floor I am up for the day and even though I don't want to sleep the day away, 5:30 is still too early for me.) I remained in bed until another thunder roll shook my house a few hours later, at which point I conceded that it was time to check the weather report and see how much longer this was going to last. The local weather channel didn't seem very concerned and only mentioned the "occasional roll of thunder" in the afternoon. The biggest concern was a high wind warning in effect until tomorrow morning. Sure, because I'm certain that if I was outside at that moment my biggest worry would have been getting struck by wind.

-There is nothing you can say to defend the whooping that the Cavaliers put on the Celtics last night. The Cavaliers jumped on them early and never even let the Celtics off the mat. It was a very impressive (dare I say Championship-caliber) win for Cleveland. That being said, I do not want to hear one more damn word about Lebron's elbow problems and how he is fighting through injury. That man's arm is just fine.

No comments: