Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cinco

I was all set to talk about Cinco de Mayo today, but then I was reading how it has become an overrated holiday to many actual Mexican people. They think too many people just use it as an excuse to drink and party and do not appreciate what the day is truly meant to be celebrating. Having Chipotle for lunch and a Corona after dinner is actually seen as perpetuating a stereotype - not celebrating the heritage. In other words, it's the Latino version of St. Patrick's Day. When you put it like that I can see why it would bother them. Because of that I won't be discussing the holiday and will instead take today to make fun of the new immigration law that Arizona passed. Cause, yeah, that's the same.

Atom.comWatch it now!
Atom Web Originals: Cinco De Mayo
http://www.comedycentral.com/
Funny VideosFunny CartoonsMore Video Clips


-Tonight the Red Sox are honoring Nomar Garciaparra before their game against the Angels. They want to honor #5 on 5/5. Nice, because what Nomar needed was another reason to be OCD about the number five. I talked about Nomar when he first announced his retirement, so I won't re-hash all that, but I'm still interested to see what kind of ceremony they will hold for him tonight. The big question on my mind is whether or not they'll give him a bat to let him do his ritual one last time in front of the fans. Personally, I think that would be awesome.

No comments: