Saturday, May 29, 2010

It's Probably Overkill

This week my family had a guy come up and clear out a section of the yard next to the driveway. It is pretty unbelievable how much space he opened up and it looks great. Now, the main reason we had someone else do the work instead of just doing it myself was that this section of lawn had visible poison ivy and the last thing I want is to have to make another emergency room trip because I'm itchy. The only thing is that there were two trees he left that just didn't belong and it was bothering the hell out of the perfectionist in me. So, after mowing the lawn this afternoon I decided to grab the alligator and bring the trees down myself. But, I wasn't about to risk another outbreak so I changed into jeans, a long sleeve shirt and high socks. Immediately after I finished, I took everything I was wearing and tossed it in the washing machine while I took a shower with the special Fels Naptha soap. Better safe than sorry. It was worth it, though, because now that space looks even better.

-So, in the past 24(ish) hours, both Gary Coleman and Dennis Hopper have passed away. Obviously, I would never try to say that one death is more tragic than another. However... one of those people was in Hoosiers, and the other wasn't. That's all I wanted to point out.

No comments: