Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Everything Is Better In Cartoon Form

Honestly, if I could find a guy who would quick-draw my ramblings I would totally do that instead of typing something out everyday. I feel like it's much easier to tell a story when you've got the cartoon ready to go so you don't have to spend time on the visual setup like you do when telling a story on paper. Not sure how I would animate my sports ramblings, though. Here's Shrewsbury's own Mike Birbiglia to show you what I mean.



-Very happy that the Washington Wizards won the NBA Draft Lottery, because they are one of those teams I want to do well until they play the Celtics. Also, it screwed over the New Jersey Nets a little and that also makes me happy. While I'm not all that sold on John Wall and not sure about the quality of this draft overall, I think the best thing the Wizards can do to at least maximize their chances that Wall succeeds is to get him as far away from Gilbert Arenas as possible. The last thing you want your potential franchise player doing is learning how to be a professional from Arenas, who still hasn't figured it out after nine seasons. Really, there was a reason you saw the Cleveland Cavaliers ship a guy like Ricky Davis out as fast as they could once they drafted LeBron James (unfortunately, they shipped him to the Celtics). You want the guys that just don't get it to be as far away from the young, impressionable superstar as you can manage. I don't care how talented Arenas may still be (and that is yet another debate), you're not going to win in the next couple of years anyway. You want Wall to be a long-term professional into the next decade, so the short-term plan should be shipping Arenas to whomever loses out on the crop of free agents this summer. Don't worry about getting talent or money back for him, just know getting him away from your franchise will be compensation enough.

No comments: