Friday, January 15, 2010

It Coulda Been Awesome

This afternoon, as I was getting out of a restaurant after lunch, two cars pulled into the parking lot at the same time. They came in from different side streets and both began heading towards the drive-through. First glance made it look as though they were going to get to the entrance at the same time. Both drivers seemed to notice what was happening and started to accelerate slightly, because no one ever wants to come in second. I started to get really excited, because if there is one thing I love it is awkward conflict where I can see it but at the same time not be involved in it; the really awkward conflict from people in cars is even better. Alas, one of them checked up at the last minute and allowed the other car to enter the drive-through first, robbing me of my afternoon's worth of entertainment. Instead, I will just have Demetri Martin show you how I thought it would go in my head.

Important Things with Demetri Martin
Power - Parking Fight
http://www.comedycentral.com/
Joke of the DayStand-Up ComedyFree Online Games


-Bonus points to this skit because the other guy in it is H. Jon Benjamin, who's new show Archer premiered on FX last night. It was created by the same guys who made Sealab 2021 (which was awesome) and reminded me of that show a lot. In other words, it was really funny. Seems as though everyone has finally figured out that if you're on cable and produce an animated show you can get away with saying pretty much whatever you want.

No comments: