Friday, January 29, 2010

Techno Sucks

I treat gift cards like grenades, in that I get rid of them as fast as I possibly can. (I admit, I'm guessing my actions here, because I've never actually held a grenade. However, I don't think it's a wild stretch to assume I would not want to hold on to one for very long.) Despite normally being very organized I tend to forget about gift cards if they are not used in a timely fashion. Then, of course, when I find them months (or in some cases, years) later, it becomes a question of whether or not the gift card is still good. At this point it goes from being a gift to a errand, because now I have to get to the store and try to figure out how long a gift card is good for. So, really, it's for the best if I just use them up quickly.

I got an iTunes gift card for Christmas and have been steadily chipping away at it for the last month. Yesterday I was shopping on iTunes for some new music when I noticed a section of 'workout' playlist that you can buy which are meant to be sport-specific. I enjoy a well-thought out and put together playlist as much as the next fellow, so I checked them out. First off, there is no golf workout, though I imagine it would only be ambient noise anyway. However, that is not my real issue. I don't know if it is just me, but it appears that an unhealthy number of these playlists are full of nothing but techo (excuse me, 'house') music. When did repetitive noise over a base rhythm become the standard music for a workout? Give me some good old fashioned rock and roll any day of the week. Also, certain songs should never be 'remixed.' That is all.

-Here's a free piece of advice for Vince Wilfork: I know you want a long-term and lucrative deal this offseason because you played your first six years in the league under a pretty crappy rookie deal that netted you less than you were worth. Also, I know you're pissed because you're a huge piece of the defense (you can't run a 3-4 without a stud nose tackle) and yet you've seen lesser players get extensions while the organization keeps tell you they don't want to extend you with the upcoming labor uncertainty. You have every right to be annoyed at the double-standard. But, do not go around saying that "only" getting paid $7 million next season (which would be a $5 million raise) is a "slap in the face" and start talking about how much you would like to play in Florida. You're just going to turn public sentiment against you. I have every faith that Belichick will take care of you. Hell, if he traded Seymour under the guise that it was to clear cap space to give you extension and then you bolt he's going to start hearing a lot more people around here calling for personnel decisions to be handled by someone else. He doesn't want to give up control. Trust me, you guys will get this done.

No comments: