Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My Big Political Stand

Normally I stay away from big, political statements, because I don't consider myself invested enough in any one issue to do all the research that is necessary to form an actual informed opinion. But, I find the special election that is going on in Massachusetts right now to be particularly annoying, because you would expect Massachusetts to be firmly behind the Democrat, but we're being annoyingly self-policing. This is what happens with us: we get all high and mighty about checks and balances and suddenly decide that one party shouldn't have too much power, which is how we ended up with a guy like Mitt Romney as our Governor.

I do not appreciate the irony that a Health Care reform agenda, which was the late Ted Kennedy's biggest crusade, could be defeated by the guy who takes Kennedy's seat. Also, I hate that Coakley is catching flack for referring to Curt Schilling as a Yankee fan. You know, not everything in this state has to go back to being about the Red Sox. If that really is a factor in how you would vote, I'd rather you stay home. But, if it is, I feel inclined to remind you that in his final round of contract negotiating with the Red Sox, Schilling threw it out there that he would not be opposed to signing with the Yankees. Maybe it was a negotiating tactic, but I think it means Schilling should come down off his high horse and stop being so insulted that Coakley called him that.

But, hey, we got the entire first act of last night's Daily Show devoted to the election.
The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Mass Backwards
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political HumorHealth Care Crisis

No comments: