Friday, December 19, 2008

Behold the Power of the WeatherMan!!!

Since Tuesday, we've been hearing about the killer storm heading our way.

"It'll be here Friday. Hoard gas! Stockpile food! If you know an old person... well, they just aren't going to make it through this. Say your good-byes. My God, this is the same storm that made it snow in Las Vegas!"

Is this a snowstorm or a super-villain?

It was going to drop between 3 and 430 inches of snow on us, coming down either as the light fluffy stuff or in glacier form. It will be starting Friday, ending sometime between Friday night and April. Last year we had a storm hit at noon that caused everyone to have a 7 hour commute home, so this year the state told non-essential personnel not to come in and half the schools decided to just declare it a snow day and get it over with.

However, as I type this at 1:30, I have yet to see a single flake. Nothing. I understand that as the weatherman you're really trying to predict the future, which can be difficult. Ask those cocky anchormen to tell you what the lead story is going to be tomorrow and I bet they won't have an answer for you. But, the thing is that you should be able to get more accurate as you get closer to when it actually will snow. First is was in the morning, then noon, now maybe 2. These little bastards totally could have gone to school today. Instead, because of what the weatherman said, they got the day off and the state was pretty much running on a skeleton crew because of the potential of snow. After seeing his power, I want the weatherman to go on TV and tell everyone that the stock market is going to go up 1200 points on Monday. It'll have to - the weatherman said so.

-Just in case I had forgotten that I'm never getting off their mailing list, I got my reminder from the Combined Jewish Philanthropies that Hanukkah starts on Sunday night. You know, I've been Catholic for my entire 28 years of existence and I don't get any mail from them. You go to one Celebrate Israel Day and they've got you for years.

1 comment:

Liz said...

The weathermen ALWAYS get it wrong. ALWAYS. They do it in Dublin to. They predict rain every single day, just to be on the safe side. They did this over the summer. It didn't rain for about a month straight this summer, yet they kept predicting that rain.