Monday, December 8, 2008

First Snow

-Sunday morning I looked out the window and found that we had had our first snow of the season. It wasn't much - just a dusting and it didn't even stick on the driveway, but it was still snow. I've always loved snow, so this made me very excited. I don't know why, but something about snow makes me feel like a kid again. I guess it has to do with still hoping for snow days or something. I don't even mind shoveling that much (lucky me, that'll come in handy). I guess it just means that Christmas is coming and that's always been one of my favorite times of the year. Of course, it's supposed to be near 60 on Wednesday, so my holiday cheer will be short-lived.

-Dear Kevin,
You're awesome, really. You're one of the best power forwards in the history of basketball and a Boston sports legend. But, you suck as a GM. I hate being the one that has to tell you. Look, your owner wants you to quit, he just doesn't have the balls to tell you. Take the hint, man. This is how they got Isiah Thomas.

-Have you ever wondered if God wants you to be married? In this man's case, I would go with a resounding NO.

-Now that it's official and Florida and Oklahoma will be playing for the National Championship, I think it's clear that the BCS doesn't work. I'm not saying this because a computer said that an Oklahoma team that lost to Texas was somehow still better than Texas, but because the rest of the BCS bowls are lousy. They had a tremendous opportunity to have a great bowl game with Texas versus Alabama or a rematch of one of the best college games I have ever seen in USC versus Texas. Instead they have Texas against a two loss Ohio State team (why Ohio State gets to go to a BCS Bowl, but undefeated Boise State and 1-loss Texas Tech are shut out is wrong), Alabama playing Utah and USC going against Penn State. Overall, I'm not very excited about any of the bowls this season. They need to end the practice of locking in conferences with specific bowls and just allow the committees to try and make the best matchups instead.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Holy crap on the marriage proposal thing. Actually, I bet he killed her...

Tom said...

It does seem pretty shady. This is why proposals should stay indoors.