Monday, December 29, 2008

The Playoffs and Sexy Trainers

-Well, so much for a playoff system being the perfect solution. If you want a case for the BCS, then you can simply point out that in the NFL an 11 win Patriots team will be home for the playoffs while an 8 win San Diego Chargers team will not only get to be in the playoffs, but they'll get to host a 12 win Colts team. I'm not going to get too upset about this, because I'm sure in a couple years this'll come back in a reverse situation that helps the Patriots (as it usually does). But if you're the NFL you can't be happy to know that not all the best teams are playing for the championship.

As for the Patriots offseason, I would like to see them spend a high draft pick on a corner. They need someone to put across from Ellis Hobbs and be able to leave that guy on an island. Also, since I don't expect to see Bruschi back, they'll have to think about drafting another linebacker in the early rounds. And, despite recent reports about Brady's knee, I just don't see any way to keep Cassel. Franchising him would be too costly against the cap and I can't imagine he'd take a short deal to stay here just for next season. Best they can do is hope the reports about Brady's knee are off and that O'Connell has a steep learning curve.

-Here's further proof that I was born too soon: did your high school come with a hot, 23 year-old, blonde, bi-sexual trainer who has a thing for high school kids? Neither did mine. And when are people going to catch on that high schoolers are incapable of keeping inappropriate pictures taken on camera phones to themselves?

-You know what's kind of annoying me this week? The quality of DVD cases. I recently received a couple of seasons worth of television shows for Christmas and the cases that hold the CD's were all cracked. Wait, cracked may be too nice a word. In one of them the tabs that hold the DVD in place were essentially non-existent. The DVD's themselves work fine, so it's more an issue of craftsmanship. As you can tell, since I have time to watch all of these DVD's to discover this, I'm whicked busy this week. Tomorrow you may get my scathing thoughts on quality of Ikea lazy susans.

No comments: