Sunday, December 28, 2008

Kids + Church

= fun.

I've found that if you add a couple of almost two year-olds to the mix, it really spices up the whole religious experience.

The first time it happened was Christmas Eve. I was in church with my mom and dad, when the Brenizers arrived and sat in front of us. First off, Charlotte is always a good distraction, cause you are always trying to figure out what is so funny to her. The kid is just always giggling at something. But Addison was also being slightly fidgety. She would bounce from Shivaun, to Marshall, to my mom, to me, to my dad. She also enjoyed handing me all the hymnal books from her row into mine. But the funniest thing was that she apparently has no memory, cause she spotted my dad when she first sat down and said "POPPA." But then about five minutes later, she turned around and discovered him all over again "POPPA!" This happened all night. As a result of the show, church seemed to breeze past.

Then today we were back in church for Charlotte's Christening. When the deacon asked Shivaun and Marshall "What name do you give this child?" from three rows back you could hear Abigail clear as a bell: "ADDY BOBO." Not quite, sweetheart. Abigail then saw Marshall and started requesting his attention: "Unca Marshall! Unca Marshall!" She now had the attention of the entire side of the church that had our family (easily 60 people). Meanwhile, the other family (like 15-20 people) that was having their son christened were trying to hear the sermon from the deacon, who you could tell worked really hard on it. My side: couldn't tell you a thing he said. But, I'm sure it was lovely.

No comments: