Thursday, January 22, 2009

I could try for April, I guess...

About a week ago, as the remnants of the first big snowfall were just about gone, I had a chance to go out and grab the last remaining Christmas lights from our front shrubs. They had been buried under the snow for about two weeks and now was my chance to bring them in for the season. But, there was still some snow on them and that had become frozen like a rock. As a result, I didn't want to pull on the wires too hard, fearing I would snap the cords and the lights would then be useless. So, I figured I would give the snow another couple of days to melt away. Then this happened:

14 inches of fresh snow later, I guess that would be considered an oops by me. Oh, and the backyard isn't much better.


Because of all the melting and then re-freezing at night, the backdoor is damn near impossible to open up. Not that that is the biggest hurdle, as the timer that turns those lights on and off is under about two feet of snow right now. And we're supposed to get some more snow this Saturday. Guess we'll be enjoying the Christmas lights for an extra long time this winter.

No comments: