Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Well played, Listerine...

Despite my on-going love/addiction to soda, I feel that sparkling white teeth are not impossible for me to achieve. I just acknowledge that if I'm going to drink this much soda, I'll have to work a little harder to get them. So, I've gone with teeth whitening-gum and I use the whitening toothpaste in the morning and night (I don't brush after lunch... I contend not even dentists do that.) But, I decided to take my quest for white teeth up a notch add another component to my arsenal: Listerine pre-brush whitening rinse.

So, while I was spending the recommended 60 seconds to swirl it around my teeth I decided to read the directions (you know me - I love to multi-task). Turns out the container holds enough rinse for 16 days. Seems like a lot - until you get to the part where it tells you that you shouldn't expect to see results for 12 weeks. That would be 84 days. That means you need to buy at least 5 bottles of this stuff before you even know if it works.

I'm not sure if I should be impressed with their salesmanship skills... or kind of annoyed that they want me to buy that much of a product that I'm not even sure will work. In reality, the emotion I'm probably going to go with is forgetful, and not even remember to get another bottle of the stuff after I finish the first one.

Two quick last things:
-Just in case you have ever wondered if you're the worse parent ever... nope, that would be this guy.

-Here's a woman who decided that the best way to honor her favorite team winning a National Championship was to do an interpretive pole dance. I couldn't agree more. I actually did the same thing after the Celtics' Championship, but I just forgot to film myself...

No comments: