Sunday, May 31, 2009

Dinner and a Movie

Few things in life divide my family the way Domino's Pizza does. Half of my family loves it, the other half won't eat it. Don't ask me why, we're just weird that way. Anyway, I kept seeing ads for their new pasta bread bowls and really wanted to try them. With just me and my brother home last night (and he'll eat anything) I figured now was the best time to order one.

First off, you save a buck if you order online. I went ahead, did that and discovered that Domino's will let you track your order step by step once you place it. It seems like it would be a total waste of time... and you can bet your ass that I did it. It will be just the one time, as I was curious about how detailed they would get. It's official - we have entered the age of too much information. I don't need to know that someone named Giuliani received my order at 7:01, put my order in the oven at 7:04 and gave it to Thomas the delivery guy at 7:14. Just make sure it's still hot when it gets here and I'm happy.

As for the bread bowl itself, I went with the chicken alfredo. You get more than you expect with this thing, as it's almost the size of a small pizza. I would have liked to shown you a picture of it, but yeah, I hoovered it before that thought crossed my mind. It was really good. The sauce was good, and the bread wasn't too heavy on the garlic flavor. They even give you a fork so I literally had zero to wash after we ate. My only complaint was that I could have used a little more chicken in the mix, but still I was more than satisfied. It definitely met my expectations.

After dinner I felt like having a night in to watch some hoops and a movie. To be honest, I still can't get into the NBA without the Celtics, so I switched over to Starz to watch Wall-E, just to see what all the hype was about. Again, as with all Pixar movies, I am blown away by what they can do with computers today. The graphics on this movie are unbelievable. It's a little like a cartoon Cast Away, in that there are large stretches of no dialog. I can't imagine that this kept many kids attentions. Also, the story is a little heavy-handed for what you would want out of a kids movie. But, adults would enjoy it, so if you haven't seen it yet then you should try and catch in on the movie channels.

-I did catch the end of the Cavaliers/Magic game, just in time to lose respect for LeBron James. Dude, I know you're pissed that you won 66 games this season and yet lost in the Conference Finals for the second year in a row, but you need to man up and face the media. To not be a professional and take the questions is low. To not even shake Dwight Howard's hand after the game is worse. I know James is still young, but the man's been in the league for 6 years - he knows better by now. All this shows is that he can't handle losing with grace. People have more respect for a graceful loser than they do for a boastful winner. LeBron, if you can't do it in Cleveland, where you are a God amongst men who no one is going to blame for losing (sidebar: Mike Brown, you may want to update that resume), then you are going to have a really rough time in New York.

No comments: