Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It's Not The Heat...

It's really been humid around here lately. It's that kind of humid that when the wind blows it's not refreshing - it just feels like someone blowing their hot breath in your face (how's that for a visual?). As a result, I've been hiding in the air conditioning and don't have much for you today, so you're just getting some Celtic Quick Hits.

-I've got to say that I love the Celtics resigning Glenn Davis for that contract. I wasn't totally for the move when it looked like he was going to be able to get big bucks, but with the free agent market drying up pretty quickly and teams not having the cap space they expected, Davis was left with few options that would pay him well and put him on a good team. So, with all things pretty much equal, he signed with the Celtics for 2 years and $6 million and for once an NBA player has signed a contract that is in line with what he should be paid. In two years when the market is better he can try for a better contract somewhere else or the Celtics could have more money to give him with Rasheed Wallace and Ray Allen off the books. But, really, what this does is solidify the fact that the team has two years to pull in another championship. After that it may be back to lottery land.

-I also like the Shelden Williams deal. I think he can be a solid player. He was just the product of being taken way too high in a bad draft and so he's had the bust label following him around ever since. The thing about Duke players is that they never seem to be guys you can build a franchise around, but they are always solid contributors on good teams. He'll make a good sub for Perk.

-I was thinking about going out to be the new Lucky at Celtics games. I figure I have the spirit and I would really like to go to all the home games for free. But, something tells me I'm too big to be taken seriously as a Leprechaun.

No comments: