Thursday, August 13, 2009

Water Wizz

So, my mom brought this article to my attention, which is about Adam Sandler and crew filming a movie down in Wareham this weekend. Turns out that they're going to be taking over Water Wizz, which is the local water slide place. At first I was confused as to why they would choose Wareham to film this scene, but the more I thought about it I realised that Massachusetts is not exactly known for it's water parks and pickings were probably slim. As a bonus next summer when this movie comes out I'll be able to say, "I've been there." (This by the way, is why you don't want to watch The Departed with me, cause I say it throughout the movie.)

This article also springs a memory to life: when we were kids and would go down to Wareham, all we wanted to do was go to Water Wizz. It was not cheap to go to (especially with 4 kids) and when you consider it was only like 3 water slides you were not really getting much bang for your buck. As a result, my parents were reluctant to take us. Plus, as they would point out, our house is a block from the ocean and that's free. Our counterpoint was that the ocean does not feature any water slides and therefore can not be as good. We were persistent as kids (especially Amy) and we would nag and nag all week, usually to no avail. But, a couple times my parents finally caved and agree to take us on Saturday. As it turned out, usually that Saturday was cold and rainy and no one wanted to go to the water park anymore. Stupid Mother Nature.

-So, apparently golf has cleared the first hurdle and is on the way to becoming an Olympic sport again. I think it's a good idea in principle, but it needs to be tweaked. They want to just do a straight 72 hole tournament for the gold. That's really boring. What they should do is make it a team event, like the Ryder Cup and mix in a best ball or scramble format. Also, no caddies. I think it would be really cool to see Tiger Woods have to carry his own bag for the first time in a couple decades.

No comments: