Sunday, August 9, 2009

That's A New One

One time when I was at the DMV, I saw a woman being given 5 chances to answer a question that only had four options. After trying the same answer twice she finally got the right answer through the process of elimination and was passed for her efforts. (She is currently sharing the road with you - don't you feel safer already?) They're not the most stringent people at the DMV, is my point.

Given that standard, I'm rarely surprised when I see people acting like idiots on the road. So yesterday I barely batted an eyelash as I drove down the road and was behind a guy who had his left turn signal on for almost two miles. While annoying, it wasn't that big of a deal. But, then he did something I did not expect: when he noticed that his blinker was on, he turned off his left one... and turned on his right blinker. He then drove for another couple of miles with his right blinker on. Apparently, he was just trying to even himself out.

-I think G.I. Joe opening with a $60 million weekend is just further proof that the life of a movie critic is one where no one really cares about your opinion. The few that saw an advance screening were killing it and those that didn't get to see it beforehand couldn't wait to put out unfavorable reviews on Friday. Meanwhile, I skipped out of the theatre on Friday and told everyone I know to go see it. Josh, who hadn't intended to go for a couple weeks, had his interest peaked by my raving about it, saw it opening night and loved it. It got to sting when word of mouth carries more weight.

No comments: