Saturday, November 28, 2009

At Least I'm Learning

I don't know what has happened to me the last couple of days, but I can not fall asleep anymore. It started earlier this week. I'll get really tired, get into bed... then nothing. Just find myself tossing and turning. The only way I get myself to fall asleep is to turn the TV back on, switch to a random channel (the last two days it has been the Discovery Channel) and only then do I manage to drift to mostly to sleep, staying awake just long enough to turn the TV off. Except the fun is not over because I will then wake up with a start around 4 AM and again be wide awake. I then have to turn the TV back on and try the whole thing one more time. It's very odd cause I almost never nap during the day so usually when I go to sleep for the night I'm not waking up until morning.

Anyways, I would like to thank the Discovery Channel for it's choices of late-night programming this week. It's been MythBusters, Deadliest Catch and Dirty Jobs marathons all this week and at least I like all those shows. I mean, you can only see the same highlights on SportsCenter so many times, and I appreciate the fact that they have been running different episodes for the week. Also, my lack of sleep is teaching me new things, such as you can build a boat out of duct tape. Hopefully this trend will not continue. But, if I start showing up at places with bruises on my face, homemade soap for you to try and I'm talking about my new friend Tyler, please feel free to slip something into my drink that will help me fall asleep faster.

-Certain gifts are just difficult to give. Any object that could be seen as a form of telling someone there is something wrong with them needs to be given with some tact. For example: it's probably hard enough just to give a loved one breath-right strips, because you're already telling them they snore like a chainsaw and you can't take this once-cute flaw anymore. But, giving them the extra large breath-right strips takes some extra moments of pause, because now you've add the wrinkle of informing them they also have a huge damn nose and a regular strip is powerless against their massive nostrils. Merry Christmas indeed.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I bought Breath Right strips once and when I realized there were different sizes I had a total freakout in CVS. I stood there staring at the boxes for about 10 minutes until I finally asked a man who was in the aisle with me if he thought my nose was a medium or a large and he looked at me like I had 17 heads. (He said medium...probably just to be nice.)