Sunday, November 22, 2009

Three Quick Sports Stories...

-So, let me ask you something: does the Klan showing up in support of your position help or hurt you in Mississippi? This served as a great reminder of why I didn't look seriously at any colleges South of Mason Dixon line. Poor Ole Miss, they were just about to get a ton of good publicity when The Blind Side came out this weekend. I'm sure this is not what they wanted.

-Dear Tim Lincecum: you've won your second Cy Young in as many years and you're the youngest person ever to accomplish that feat. It is kind of a big deal, so maybe you should comb your hair before you show up at your press conference. Given the fact that you were busted for pot possession a couple weeks ago, I figure the least you can do is not show up looking like the average staffer at a skateboard shop. I don't want to be the old fart who tells you to dress up a little and put on a tie... but... jees, dress up a little and put on a tie. You look like the Ghost of Jonas Brother Future.

-Wait, are these researchers really saying with a straight face that they believe a man with no legs has a competitive advantage in a foot race? You have got to be kidding me. You know what? I'm not even bothering - I'll let Katt Williams handle this one for me. [sidebar: Those of you familiar with Mr. Williams should know enough not to press play if you are at work or around children. For those that aren't, just take my word for it when I tell you that those with virgin ears should sit this one out.]

No comments: