Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Steroids, Dolphins, Bats and Pedro...

...yeah, it's been a weird couple of days.

-Congrats, PGA Tour, you've had your first steroid suspension. Sure it's a journeyman golfer who most people haven't heard of, but now you can declare that your testing policy works, point to a specific example, have ammo next time a blogger questions whether or not someone is on the juice and then the conspiracy theorists will still cry that you're shielding your stars from the harshest tests. You're just like baseball. Personally, I never thought that steroids would help a golfer and it's all about swing techniques. I'm fairly certain I can bench more than Josh and yet he can usually out-drive me because he just has a better swing (I have since decided that I can also blame this fact on equipment). Also, steroids will not help you putt. Besides, does this look like a body on performance enhancing drugs?

-Listen, Phillies fans, occasionally I know what I'm talking about. Just like I said would happen, now you've got Pedro pitching in Yankee Stadium for a do-or-die Game 6 against a lineup that will feature a professional designated hitter instead of an American League pitcher trying to figure out which end of the bat you swing with. Please, take my advice on this one - if Pedro gets you through the 5th inning and he's only given up a run or two, consider that found money. Do not push your luck and try to coax him through the 6th inning.

-Whenever a Division 1 school loses to a Division 2 school it's pretty embarrassing. Adding the fact that the Division 1 team was ranked in the Top 25 just puts fuel on the embarrassment fire. But to lose to a team nicknamed the Dolphins, from upstate New York where there are no dolphins for hundreds of miles? For shame, Syracuse.

-This clip of Manu Ginobili taking out a bat is all kind of nuts, but the more amusing part was when the trainer showed up with the Purell, like that was all you need after handling wild animals. Not surprisingly, Ginobili later had to get a couple rounds of rabies shots. Think it through next time, Manu. I would also like to know who the guy who just casually accepts the bat from Manu is. I hope he at least works there.

No comments: