Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Shirts, Ninjas and Shot Clocks

-Last week I got a new dress shirt/tie combo. I love those because it eliminates the question of whether or not a shirt goes with a tie; they arrive together in one package and very clearly match. But, as I was opening the box to wash the shirt before wearing it (as is my custom - another topic for another day) I had a hell of a time getting the shirt out. That was because the shirt was secured with 7 pins, 2 plastic clips and a couple other pieces of plastic that kept the collar in place. Seemed like overkill to me. I don't secure furniture that I'm moving this well. What do you think your shirts are doing when no one is looking, Pierre Cardin?

-You guys know me, I appreciate the direct approach in advertising. It is because of that I am a fan of the new movie coming out, Ninja Assassin. There will be no questions going in what this movie could possibly be about. It saves you the trouble of trying to talk someone into seeing the movie. If they want to see a movie about ninja assassins they will be interested and if they don't you can move on until you find someone who is.

-What's this, the NBA took an extra few minutes to check a replay and find out if a call was correct in a pretty meaningless early season game? And today no one is complaining because the call turned out to be the right one, even if it wasn't obvious without a couple views? Well, surely Major League Baseball will be swayed to fix their instant replay problem cause those guys are blowing obvious calls that would take 10 seconds and one look at a TV monitor to fix. Actually, no. Apparently, MLB think guys completely screwing up the World Series is cute.

No comments: