Sunday, November 29, 2009

These Wouldn't Fit On Twitter

I'm finding that I really enjoy Twitter, if for no other reason than the snap observations I can put up. However, that 140 character limit is really... well, limiting. So, here are a few thoughts (yeah, they're all sports related) that just wouldn't fit within a couple sentences but don't deserve a full post to themselves.

-I love that a lot of basketball minds seem to be pushing for Allen Iverson to un-retire, yet no one seems to be that interested in putting him on their team. "Allen, you still have so much skill left. I mean, I'm not interest in using it, but someone must be." Actually, the one team that everyone seems to be pushing for him to go to (Charlotte) is the one team I understand not pursuing him. Larry Brown knows what he would be getting into and you have to think he knows better than to have Allen Iverson and Stephen Jackson on the same team.

-Speaking of bizarre personnel moves, why do the Red Sox continue to push away Alex Gonzalez? Really, he's a great defender and he is more than serviceable with his bat. Doesn't the fact that they already brought him back once speak volumes? I know they need to add some pop to the lineup, but you're not going to get that from a shortstop anyway, so give me a rock-solid defender any day of the week. Instead they're going to try to find someone else and I'm willing to bet they'll sacrifice defense in the name of OBP.

-Wait, the UFL season is already over? I only saw one game on TV. If they want to have a second and third season they're going to have to do some major work in the marketing department. Also, get better uniforms.

-So Condollezza Rice was Stanford's honorary captain for last night's football game against Notre Dame. Tiger Woods was the honorary captain last week. Perhaps it's best to not be Ms. Rice's neighbor this week.

-You know, I was all set to shit on NC State for having to hire their fill-in offensive coordinator from Division 3 Tufts University, but then they scored 28 points and upset the #24 ranked Tar Heels. Apparently that vaunted Tufts offense is real.

No comments: