Thursday, November 5, 2009

I'm Just Going To Pretend I Don't See It

Despite the best efforts of the women in my life, I'm still a pretty nondescript dresser. You would think that I would be better at it by now, but no; my wardrobe is a collection of jeans and tee-shirts. To make matters worse, I really don't even vary my tee-shirts that much. I have a rotation of about 15-20 that I wear around the house and use as undershirts on the random days that I actually need to wear a shirt with a collar. I have a dresser full of perfectly nice shirts, but still, I stick with the same ones over and over again. I think it's because guys have a special connection with their tee shirts. If we find a tee-shirt that fits well we'll wear it until there are holes in it... and then we'll keep wearing it until the hole gets too big (then it becomes a "working around the house" shirt - those can be made of holes for all we care). If it's a shirt that celebrates a team championship then you may have to tear that shirt off of us while we sleep.

I bring this up because I notice yesterday that one of my usual tee-shirts has developed a hole in it. Now, if it was a small hole in the back or even under an armpit I could ignore it and most likely forget about it. The problem is that the hole is front and center. I can only assume that this hole is going to get bigger with every wash. Therefore, this clearly is the beginning of the end for my Patriots "3X Super Bowl Champions" tee-shirt. Damn, and it was broken in just how I like my shirts.

-I almost feel bad for Urban Meyer and Florida (almost). Suspend a kid for just half a game when he tries to jam his fingers into an opponent's eye sockets and you're too lenient. Have the kid appease the world and suspend himself for the second half of that game and it looks like the players are in charge. Not to mention the fact that they're playing Vanderbilt this weekend and Meyer already has everyone questioning whether or not he'd have the guts to suspend his star linebacker if they were actually playing an opponent they couldn't beat with their second string. It's kind of a lot heaped on the guy at one time. But then I remembered he shunned Notre Dame to go to Florida and I go from feeling bad for the guy to hoping they plummet back to Earth when Tebow leaves.

No comments: