Monday, November 2, 2009

Drive-Thru Ramblings

The other day I was a co-pilot on a quest to find Wendy's gift certificates to give to the nieces in lieu of candy on Halloween (both sisters, by the way, have no idea where my mom got the idea that the girls couldn't have candy). While waiting outside at a Wendy's I saw car after car turn into the parking lot and totally miss the drive-thru lane. This was very unusual sight to me. It was clearly marked with a yellow line but I must have seen 4 cars turn in, get all the way to the window, only to realise they over shot the menu board and were in the wrong lane. They would then slam on their brakes, throw the car in reverse and backup, usually without seeing if anyone else was behind them. I share a road with these people and they aren't sure how a drive-thru works. I would have thought it was covered on day one of driving school around here.

-I must confess, I had my own awkward drive-thru moment the other day. I was picking up lunch for a couple people, only almost everyone already had a drink and I was the only one getting fries. When you order a lot of food, but only one drink, you immediately assume that guy taking your order thinks all that food is just for you (because that is what you would think should the situation be reversed) and you get the urge to clarify. "Can I have 6 McChickens, 2 cheeseburgers, a large chocolate shake and a medium fries? ...Uh, and just so you know, only 2 of those McChickens are for me."

-Dear Owen Daniels,
I first want to congratulate you on your fine half-season. You were on your way to a Pro Bowl-caliber year. Secondly, I want to apologize for adding you to my fantasy team before this weekend. That you would blow out your ACL two plays into the very next game seems almost obvious right now. My bad. Next year, I promise, I'll stay away.

No comments: